Your privacy is important to us. We know that’s what all these notices say, but at Cleaning Doctor we mean it. You’ve placed your trust in us by either enquiring about our services or using them. For that we assure you that we are committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal data you give us.
This document describes how we use and process your personal data (information), and we hope you’ll agree it is done in a straightforward and transparent manner with no silly jargon! As an added bonus, we will give you details on how you can contact us if you have any questions about your personal data, which we will be more than happy to answer.
What we collect
- Email address
- Home or Business address
- Phone Number
How do we get your personal data?
- When you fill in a website enquiry form
- When you call us to make an enquiry / booking
- When you private message us via Facebook to make an enquiry
- When your information has been given to us by a third party if you have an insurance policy on your home or furniture, which we have been assigned to inspect or repair by Guardsman or Independent Inspections. Your details are sent to Cleaning Doctor Ltd head office in Northern Ireland and they will in turn send your details on to us to carry out work for you on their behalf.
- When you fill in one of our ‘Free hints and tips valued client forms’
What do we do with your personal data?
We require this information to be able to contact you, understand your needs and provide you with our first-class Cleaning Doctor services, if you decide you want them. We’ll do the following:
- Use your address to check initially if it is feasible to travel to you and provide our services, or assign your enquiry to our nearest service provider. If you then decide you would like us to get you booked in, then we will add your name, address and telephone number (in case we need to contact you) to the diary for that day.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about special offers and even some hints & tips which we think you will find interesting using the email address you have provided. We will of course only do this, if you have consented to this by ticking the box on our website enquiry form or on our ‘Free hints & tips valued client form’ which your local & trusted Cleaning Doctor may get you to fill in when he visits your property.
- We may also use your mobile phone number to text you with special offers periodically, but again only if we have received your consent and you will be able to opt-out afterwards by sending us a text or an email at any time and we’ll remove you from our list.
We are committed to ensuring your information is secure. In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access to, and the misuse of, personal data. We have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect online. Our emails are password protected, and we have anti-virus protection. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work. Any customer who fills in a ‘Free hints & tips valued client form’, can rest assured that the details are added to a safe database of customers which is password protected.
Personal data of children
We do not collect any data related to children under the age of 16 as we have no purpose in doing so. In some jurisdictions, a minor aged 16 and above can rent a property if they have a guarantor. If a minor in this exact circumstance wished to avail of our services, then we would deem it acceptable to process their personal data as we do with all other customers over the age of 18 who are homeowners or renting their property.
Facebook, Google and Trustist
We will often ask our happy customers to provide us with a review on either Facebook, Google or Trustist. We acknowledge that when you do so you are choosing to write your name on the review – once placed the review belongs to Cleaning Doctor. You can of course choose to go back on to Facebook or Google and delete your review. We use a review platform called Trustist which will automatically take any reviews we receive on Facebook or Google and integrate them into the Customer Reviews page on our website. When the review is taken from Facebook or Google it will display on our website with the first name and only the initial of the surname (i.e. Joe Bloggs will display as Joe B). Reviews are a fantastic tool for helping other potential customers choose who they wish to trust to carry out the work they require. We sincerely thank you for all your reviews.
To process your personal data as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Performance of a contract: It may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you wish to use our services, we will use your information to carry out our obligation and provide the desired services and administer this under the verbal contract we have agreed with you.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as to provide you with the best suitable special offers, hints and tips based on your previous experience with Cleaning Doctor. As mentioned previously though, this will only be done with your consent.
Sharing your personal data with third parties
As mentioned previously, we can receive your personal data from Guardsman or Independent Inspections. When the work has been carried out we will send a report back to our head office Cleaning Doctor Ltd, who will in turn pass the report on to the relevant third party i.e. Guardsman or Independent Inspections. These are the only circumstances where we would share your personal data with any third party.
Payments / Invoicing
Your personal data will be on our invoice books for our accounting records. We must keep these records for as long as HMRC (UK) / Revenue (ROI) and Customs & Excise deem necessary. This is currently six years. Any invoice which shows your personal details is stored in a locked office or filing cabinet.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest (currently Facebook, Google+ and YouTube). However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage or delete them, simply visit allaboutcookies.org and the help section of your browser.
How can you control the personal data you have given Cleaning Doctor?
You have the right to review personal data we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com, let us know where you are from and we will be happy to assist you.
A final note…
From reading this policy you will see that your privacy is extremely important to us so, if you think we’re not handling your data properly we want you to tell us. We will always respect how you want us to use your details.